- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Desplazamiento forzado en Chiapas: La protección de la infancia es el deber de todos los involucrados en el conflicto
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
The number of Venezuelans seeking asylum has risen yearly since 2014.
Between 2014 and 2017, over 100,000 asylum claims were lodged, half of which in 2017 alone (as of September).
Many Venezuelans who have left their country are vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, violence and forced to seek alternative coping mechanisms. This is particularly the case in border areas where services are limited and insecurity is high.
Bogota, 28 August 2017 - Venezuela is now experiencing one of the most difficult moments in its recent history, not only politically, but also economically, and socially. This situation has provoked a generalized crisis that questions any guarantee of the effective enjoyment of fundamental rights by the people that live there, not only of civil and political rights, but also of economic and social rights.