- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Desplazamiento forzado en Chiapas: La protección de la infancia es el deber de todos los involucrados en el conflicto
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
Mexico, Guatemala – Earthquake
• Three people were killed in Mexico and two in Guatemala by the earthquake of 7 July. In Mexico, 9 000 houses and several roads were damaged in 15 municipalities.
In Guatemala, a state of calamity was declared in the affected areas, where approx. 25 000 people have been affected. Out of 1 459 evacuees, 114 remain in temporary shelters.
(ECHO, NGOs, CONRED)
U.S.A. – Severe Weather
Mexico – Severe Weather
• After landfall, Tropical Cyclone BORIS has been reduced to a low pressure area which may interact with a second low pressure system that formed in the Gulf of Mexico. As a result, heavy rainfall is expected to continue affecting the southern states of Mexico. (GDACS, NASA, NOAA, CONAGUA, Media)
Somalia – Crisis
Muslim Aid has urged the international community to come together on the eve of World Hunger Day to resolve the problem of food insecurity, echoing concerns from the recent G8 Summit about the poor level of involvement by developed countries and leading humanitarian organisations in assuaging hunger and malnutrition in the developing world.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.