- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Church World Service is accepting contributions for Hurricane Dean response in Mexico, and will be supporting response and recovery efforts undertaken by some of our member denominations that have churches there. We expect to share details of those response efforts, and issue an appeal for assistance, in the days ahead.
On August 15, an earthquake measuring 8.0 on the Richter scale hit the region of Ica, along the south central coast of Peru, killing more than 500 people and destroying or damaging tens of thousands of homes and other buildings.