- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
• On 17 September, ODILE moved over the northern Gulf of California and north-western mainland Mexico, weakening into a Tropical Depression, then towards south-western U.S.A. About 26 000 foreign tourists took refuge in 165 temporary shelters (including 31 hotels). An aerial bridge was established in Baja California in order to evacuate them. Preliminary reports indicate that ODILE has caused 135 minor injuries. No casualties have been reported so far. 240 000 households were left without electricity and damage assessment is ongoing.
• ODILE made landfall near Cabo San Lucas (Baja California Sur) on 15 September at 4.45 UTC with max. sustained winds of 205 km/h (Category 3 Hurricane). 7 000 people are reported evacuated and shelters for up to 30 000 people have been set up.
• As of 15 September 13.00 UTC local Media reports blocked roads and power cuts in the area.
• A Hurricane Warning is in effect for the whole southern half of the Baja California Peninsula.
México, D.F., 12/11/2013
El gobierno de México, por conducto de la Agencia Mexicana de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AMEXCID), dependiente de la Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE), aportará un millón de dólares destinados a la atención de los damnificados provocados por el paso del tifón “Haiyan”, en Filipinas.
Philippines, China – Tropical Cyclone RUMBIA (GDACS, NDRRMC, WMO, China Meteo)
RUMBIA traversed the eastern Visayas and southern Luzon in the Philippines on 29 June as a Tropical Storm, then emerged in the South China Sea and is approaching the coasts of southern China, having strengthened slightly.
In the Philippines it caused some flooding and landslides in southern Luzon (by rainfall of up to 175mm in 24h) affecting ca. 3,500 people, 1,818 of which were housed in 10 evacuation centres as of early on 1 July.
IDP News Alert is a bi-weekly summary of selected global news on internally displaced persons, compiled by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) of the Norwegian Refugee Council. The IDP News Alert is also available online.
Northeast India: 400’000 people internally displaced following violent riots
APEC lends support for health innovation, eyes greater worker productivity, economic sustainability
Issued by the APEC Health Working Group
St Petersburg, Russia, 28 June 2012 – APEC member economies participating in the APEC High-Level Meeting on Health & the Economy Wednesday recognized the urgent need for APEC member economies to invest in the health of their populations at all stages of life in order to fully capture the economic returns of a healthy and productive populations.