- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 11 - 28 February 2018
- Over 1,000 Mexican Judicial Officers Trained to Improve Prosecution of Human Traffickers
- Doble injusticia : Informe sobre violaciones de derechos humanos en la investigación del caso Ayotzinapa
- Presentan avances del registro de zonas vulnerables
- Six months after the earthquakes, Mexico is back on its feet
Emergency shelter and food are bringing relief to victims of major storm in Nicaragua
The remote Miskito Indians who live in jungle villages and on tiny, reef islands along the Honduran-Nicaraguan border went about their usual daily routines on September 4. Fisherman took to the ocean to dive for lobster. Farmers went into their fields.
Without access to television, radio, or the internet, they were unaware that a major hurricane was hours away. They had no chance to evacuate or take shelter.
Hurricane Felix smashed into Nicaragua later that day as a powerful Category 5 storm.