- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Assisting quake survivors in Indonesia
- Working toward food security in southern Pakistan; meeting needs of displaced families in northwest Pakistan
- Families in Afghanistan affected by severe flooding
- Communities in Baja peninsula, Mexico, suffer hurricane damage
Indonesia - A magnitude 7 earthquake hit the island of Java on Sept. 2, killing at least 64 people. An estimated 28,000 people need shelter.
CWS Indonesia dispatched an assessment team to Tasikmalaya and Garut Districts to determine needs of displaced families.
INDONESIA -CENTRAL JAVA AND YOGYAKARTA - EARTHQUAKE AND MT MERAPI VOLCANO
On 27 May, an earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter scale struck Yogyakarta Province. The epicentre was approximately 37.2 km south of Yogyakarta at a depth of 33 kilometres. The most affected districts were Bantul and Kulonprogo south of Yogyakarta. The death toll stands at 5,778. The number of injuries stands at 37,912. 205,888 homes have been completely destroyed.
'We tried to believe in our hearts that we'd harvest something...that the rains would start again, but the dry spell continued and there was no rain.' Davis Mulomba, Malawian farmer, interview with Oxfam staff, September 05