- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Uprooted in Central America and Mexico: Migrant and refugee children face a vicious cycle of hardship and danger
- Garnier y UNICEF unen esfuerzos para apoyar la educación de calidad en México
- Autoridades mexicanas desarrollan protocolo para identificar y atender migrantes víctimas de trata
- Mexico: An unsafe country for thousands of refugees fleeing violence in Central America
- Dia Mundial del Refugiado: México no es país seguro para miles de migrantes y refugiados
Today MSF runs 468 projects in 71 countries. Over the years, our medical humanitarian organisation has expanded from a small group of doctors and journalists to a global movement with almost 40,000 staff. However, after 47 years of operations, our fundamental mission and values remain unchanged: to provide essential medical care for those who need it most, regardless of race, religion or political affiliation.
Our operations in Palestine are not as large as those in some other countries, however, they have always been significant.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Special Rapporteur of the Human Rights Council on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, Agnes Callamard, submitted in accordance with Assembly resolution 71/198.
Report of the Special Rapporteur of the Human Rights Council on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly the joint report of the Special Rapporteur on the sale and sexual exploitation of children, including child prostitution, child pornography and other child sexual abuse material, Maud de Boer-Buquicchio, and the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Maria Grazia Giammarinaro, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 71/177 and Human Rights Council resolutions 34/16 and 35/5.
CPJ’s 2016 Global Impunity Index spotlights countries where journalists are slain and the killers go free
By Elisabeth Witchel, CPJ Impunity Campaign Consultant
New IFRC Report calls for greater recognition and support for local humanitarian actors
Local actors are often the most effective in conducting humanitarian operations. However, despite their critical role, they struggle to attract the funding and support they need.
The 2015 World Disasters Report – launched today by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) – examines the complexities and challenges local actors face in scaling-up and sustaining their humanitarian response.