- Hurricane Willa - Oct 2018
- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- Guterres pide respeto a la ley internacional en el trato a la caravana de migrantes
- ACNUR apoyará a México para atender a la caravana de migrantes centroamericanos
- Hurricane Willa - Estimated Impacts Advisory 10, 22 October 2018 1500 UTC
- Honduran Migrant Caravan Moves Northwards, Defying all Obstacles
- Hurricane Willa - Wind Exposure and Anticipated Impacts to Lifelines: Durango, Mexico (Advisory 11 – 22 October 2018 1400PST/2100UTC)
Venezuela- Inundaciones- 26/9/18
En el estado de Anzoátegui, 21 comunidades de las parroquias Soledad y Mamo del municipio Independencia, fueron afectadas por la crecida del río Orinoco, que alcanzó una cuota histórica de 18,32 metros sobre el nivel del mar.
El alcalde Carlos Vidal destacó que junto al Gobierno nacional, 16 instituciones cumplen con la atención médica, alimentaria y de salud pública a más de 1.800 personas.
Acciones de Respuesta:
• Countries in the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region experience a range of natural hazards, including droughts, earthquakes, floods, forest fires, hurricanes, landslides, tsunamis, and volcanoes. El Niño and La Niña phenomena occur periodically, exacerbating the impacts of hydrometeorological events in the LAC region. Unplanned urban expansion, environmental and natural resource degradation, and land-use management challenges also increase populations’ vulnerability and exposure to natural hazards.
Ayacucho: Distritos de Pacaycasa y Quinua soportaron lluvias extremas las últimas 24 horas
2,133,238 estimated number of children affected by the earthquake in Chiapas and Oaxaca, out of which 584,060 are children under 5 years of age.
US$ 1.2 million required by UNICEF Mexico for immediate and complementary response to the needs of children and adolescents in earthquake affected areas, and possibly in areas to be affected by simultaneously incoming hurricanes.
2,133,238: estimated number of children living in the States of Chiapas and Oaxaca most affected by the earthquake, out of which 584,060 are children under 5 years of age.
US$ 1.2 million: required by UNICEF Mexico for immediate and complementary response to the needs of children and adolescents in earthquake affected areas.
Earthquake Chiapas and Oaxaca
On 7 September at 11:49 pm an earthquake with a magnitude of 8.1 on the Richter scale struck at the coast of Chiapas, which heavily affected neighbouring state Oaxaca and slightly affected other parts of the country, including Mexico City.
Based on the latest census of Chiapas and Oaxaca, an estimated 2,133,238 children, out of which 584,060 are under 5, live in the areas affected by the earthquake.
122 municipalities in Chiapas and 41 others in Oaxaca have been declared under a state of emergency.
Disasters in the first quarter (Jan-April) affected 1.9 million people.
OCHA allocated $3.2 million in CERF funds to assist people affected by floods in Bolivia.
No respite from coffee rust is expected until 2016. The rust, seasonal drought and current food shortage are exacerbating the risk of food insecurity.
Seismic activity has increased in the region. Nicaragua and Chile were affected by earthquakes with magnitudes above 6 degrees on the Richter scale.
Los desastres ocurridos en el primer cuatrimestre (enero – abril) afectaron a 1,894,496 personas.
OCHA asignó $3,2 millones en fondos CERF para asistir a los afectados por las inundaciones en Bolivia.
No se prevé una mejora en la situación de la Roya del Café hasta 2016. La Roya, la sequía estacional y el periodo de escasez de alimentos; agrava la situación de riesgo por inseguridad alimentaria.
MEXICO: A 7.2 earthquake damaged 500 houses in the State of Guerrero.
NICARAGUA: More than 475 replicas, since the 10 April earthquake. Authorities are closely monitoring activity.
PERU: About 1,038 people were affected by the Urbinas Volcano. Authorities sent humanitarian and technical aid to affected areas.
MÉXICO: Un sismos de 7,2 grados deja más de 500 viviendas con daños en el estado de Guerrero.
NICARAGUA: Más DE 475 réplicas, desde el sismo del 10 de abril. Las autoridades monitorean de cerca la actividad.
PERÚ: Unas 1,038 personas afectadas por el Volcán Urbinas. Las autoridades han enviado ayuda humanitaria y técnica a la zona afectada.
Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) experience a multitude of natural hazards, including earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tsunamis, landslides, volcanoes, forest fires, and drought. El Niño, a climate pattern that occurs on average once every three to seven years, periodically exacerbates the impacts of hydrometeorological events. Environmental degradation and poor land-use management also increase populations’ vulnerability to natural hazards.
Honolulu, Hawaii , United States, 11 Nov 2011
We, APEC ministers and senior government officials, along with private sector leaders, met in Honolulu, Hawaii for the High Level Policy Dialogue on Disaster Resiliency, under the chairmanship of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
This year, three key developments have influenced WHO's emergency work: 1) the increasing demands from Member States to strengthen WHO's emergency response operations; 2) the implementation of the humanitarian reform, resulting in new responsibilities for WHO; and 3) lessons learned during recent crises.
INDONESIA -CENTRAL JAVA AND YOGYAKARTA - EARTHQUAKE AND MT MERAPI VOLCANO
On 27 May, an earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter scale struck Yogyakarta Province. The epicentre was approximately 37.2 km south of Yogyakarta at a depth of 33 kilometres. The most affected districts were Bantul and Kulonprogo south of Yogyakarta. The death toll stands at 5,778. The number of injuries stands at 37,912. 205,888 homes have been completely destroyed.