- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UNICEF statement on situation of migrant children at Mexico-U.S. border
- Los migrantes de las caravanas reciben apoyo de la OIM para retornar a sus países
- Caravana de migrantes: Los Estados tienen el deber de proteger los derechos humanos
- Migrant Caravan and increased child migration in the north of Central America and Mexico Humanitarian Situation Report, October - November 2018
- Response to arrivals of asylum-seekers from the North of Central America, 14 November 2018 12h00
2,133,238 estimated number of children affected by the earthquake in Chiapas and Oaxaca, out of which 584,060 are children under 5 years of age.
US$ 1.2 million required by UNICEF Mexico for immediate and complementary response to the needs of children and adolescents in earthquake affected areas, and possibly in areas to be affected by simultaneously incoming hurricanes.
2,133,238: estimated number of children living in the States of Chiapas and Oaxaca most affected by the earthquake, out of which 584,060 are children under 5 years of age.
US$ 1.2 million: required by UNICEF Mexico for immediate and complementary response to the needs of children and adolescents in earthquake affected areas.
Earthquake Chiapas and Oaxaca
On 7 September at 11:49 pm an earthquake with a magnitude of 8.1 on the Richter scale struck at the coast of Chiapas, which heavily affected neighbouring state Oaxaca and slightly affected other parts of the country, including Mexico City.
Based on the latest census of Chiapas and Oaxaca, an estimated 2,133,238 children, out of which 584,060 are under 5, live in the areas affected by the earthquake.
122 municipalities in Chiapas and 41 others in Oaxaca have been declared under a state of emergency.
Disasters in the first quarter (Jan-April) affected 1.9 million people.
OCHA allocated $3.2 million in CERF funds to assist people affected by floods in Bolivia.
No respite from coffee rust is expected until 2016. The rust, seasonal drought and current food shortage are exacerbating the risk of food insecurity.
Seismic activity has increased in the region. Nicaragua and Chile were affected by earthquakes with magnitudes above 6 degrees on the Richter scale.
Los desastres ocurridos en el primer cuatrimestre (enero – abril) afectaron a 1,894,496 personas.
OCHA asignó $3,2 millones en fondos CERF para asistir a los afectados por las inundaciones en Bolivia.
No se prevé una mejora en la situación de la Roya del Café hasta 2016. La Roya, la sequía estacional y el periodo de escasez de alimentos; agrava la situación de riesgo por inseguridad alimentaria.
MEXICO: A 7.2 earthquake damaged 500 houses in the State of Guerrero.
NICARAGUA: More than 475 replicas, since the 10 April earthquake. Authorities are closely monitoring activity.
PERU: About 1,038 people were affected by the Urbinas Volcano. Authorities sent humanitarian and technical aid to affected areas.
MÉXICO: Un sismos de 7,2 grados deja más de 500 viviendas con daños en el estado de Guerrero.
NICARAGUA: Más DE 475 réplicas, desde el sismo del 10 de abril. Las autoridades monitorean de cerca la actividad.
PERÚ: Unas 1,038 personas afectadas por el Volcán Urbinas. Las autoridades han enviado ayuda humanitaria y técnica a la zona afectada.
INDONESIA -CENTRAL JAVA AND YOGYAKARTA - EARTHQUAKE AND MT MERAPI VOLCANO
On 27 May, an earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter scale struck Yogyakarta Province. The epicentre was approximately 37.2 km south of Yogyakarta at a depth of 33 kilometres. The most affected districts were Bantul and Kulonprogo south of Yogyakarta. The death toll stands at 5,778. The number of injuries stands at 37,912. 205,888 homes have been completely destroyed.