- Hurricane Willa - Oct 2018
- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Most read reports
- Guterres pide respeto a la ley internacional en el trato a la caravana de migrantes
- ACNUR apoyará a México para atender a la caravana de migrantes centroamericanos
- Hurricane Willa - Estimated Impacts Advisory 10, 22 October 2018 1500 UTC
- El huracán Willa alcanza la categoría 5 y pone en alerta las costas del Pacífico mexicano
- UNICEF evalúa en Chiapas las necesidades inmediatas de niñas, niños y adolescentes de la Caravana Migrante
Venezuela- Inundaciones- 26/9/18
En el estado de Anzoátegui, 21 comunidades de las parroquias Soledad y Mamo del municipio Independencia, fueron afectadas por la crecida del río Orinoco, que alcanzó una cuota histórica de 18,32 metros sobre el nivel del mar.
El alcalde Carlos Vidal destacó que junto al Gobierno nacional, 16 instituciones cumplen con la atención médica, alimentaria y de salud pública a más de 1.800 personas.
Acciones de Respuesta:
In 2016, EM-DAT preliminary data indicates that 301 country level disasters occurred, affecting 102 countries. The impact of which sums up to a total of 7,628 deaths, 411 million affected people, and US$97 billion of economic damages.
In light of ongoing global and regional discussions and commitments, this report intends to highlight good practices aimed at empowering women economically, particularly through entrepreneurship and innovation, drawing lessons for collective learning.
Advice for disaster risk reduction specialists and protected area managers on how best to use protected area systems as effective buffers, to prevent natural hazards from developing into unnatural disasters
Nigel Dudley, Camille Buyck, Naoya Furuta, Claire Pedrot, Fabrice Renaud and Karen Sudmeier-Rieux
New study shows how active disaster risk management reduces losses and protects communities
LOS CABOS, MEXICO, June 16, 2012 - The leaders of the world’s largest economies, meeting at the G20 Summit in Los Cabos, Mexico, have highlighted the importance of disaster risk management as an integral part of development policy to reflect their concern about the dramatic increase in losses from natural disasters in both developed and developing countries.
17 January 2012, Zurich
Much of the world is still vastly underinsured against earthquake risk, study finds - Underinsurance often due to low risk awareness in earthquake-prone areas - Earthquake models should consider secondary-loss factors more comprehensively
Honolulu, Hawaii , United States, 11 Nov 2011
We, APEC ministers and senior government officials, along with private sector leaders, met in Honolulu, Hawaii for the High Level Policy Dialogue on Disaster Resiliency, under the chairmanship of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Introduction to Health Recovery
There is currently an abundance of documents, plans and policies that address common issues faced in the mitigation, preparedness and relief phases of natural disaster management. Yet for disaster recovery planners and policy makers, there is no cohesive documented body of knowledge. It is conceded that preventive measures are vital to reducing the more costly efforts of responding to disasters.