- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Uprooted in Central America and Mexico: Migrant and refugee children face a vicious cycle of hardship and danger
- Garnier y UNICEF unen esfuerzos para apoyar la educación de calidad en México
- Autoridades mexicanas desarrollan protocolo para identificar y atender migrantes víctimas de trata
- Mexico: An unsafe country for thousands of refugees fleeing violence in Central America
- Dia Mundial del Refugiado: México no es país seguro para miles de migrantes y refugiados
This report covers the period of 01/01/2006 to 31/12/2007 of a two-year planning and appeal process.
Natural and weather related disasters are increasing in frequency. The countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean remain vulnerable to the impact of these natural and man-made disasters.
In 2006 and 2007, the Pan American Disaster Response Unit (PADRU) provided operational, logistics and preparedness support to the region's National Societies in response to 33 emergencies, in an effective and efficient manner according to the needs.
Appeal target: CHF 2,439,411 (USD 1,923,019 or EUR 1,581,564);
Appeal coverage: 74.4%.
This Annual Report reflects activities implemented over a one-year period; they form part of, and are based on, longer-term, multi-year planning (refer below to access the detailed logframe documents).