- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La ONU-DH condena nuevo ataque armado a comunidades tzotziles desplazadas forzosamente en Aldama, Chiapas
- ACNUR facilita el acceso a tarjetas de prepago a solicitantes de asilo en México
- Mexico Earthquakes Humanitarian Situation Report Six Month Review - March 2018
- Mexico Peace Index 2018: Mapping the evolution of peace and its drivers
- Noruega se solidariza con refugiados del Norte de Centroamérica
GUATEMALA – FLOODING
Three days of heavy rains in Guatemalacaused flooding and landslides in the province of Zacapa. The m unicipalityof La Unionis the most heavily affected.
To date, there are 20 confirmed deaths in Zacapa and 2 in Guatemala City. There are currently 3,368 persons in shelters, a number that is expected to increase.
The National Coordinator for the Reduction of Disasters (CONRED) has partially activated the Emergency Operations Center. An evaluation of probable areas for landslides is underway, and urban areas of Zacapa are being evacuated.