- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Response to arrivals of asylum-seekers from the North of Central America, 14 November 2018 12h00
- IOM Monitors Caravans of Central American Migrants, Supports Voluntary Returns
- Lone children among most vulnerable in human ‘caravan’
- Cambio climático amenaza la costa atlántica mexicana
- Guterres pide respeto a la ley internacional en el trato a la caravana de migrantes
This report covers the period of 01/01/2006 to 31/12/2007 of a two-year planning and appeal process.
Natural and weather related disasters are increasing in frequency. The countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean remain vulnerable to the impact of these natural and man-made disasters.
In 2006 and 2007, the Pan American Disaster Response Unit (PADRU) provided operational, logistics and preparedness support to the region's National Societies in response to 33 emergencies, in an effective and efficient manner according to the needs.