- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Este documento técnico representa un primer intento por evaluar el riesgo de desplazamiento inducido por desastre en los países centroamericanos y del Caribe:
This technical paper represents an initial attempt to assess the risk of disaster-induced displacement in the Central American and Caribbean countries of Belize, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama.
Elizabeth Ferris | November 7, 2013
Snapshot 16-23 September
Mexico – Population displacement (ECHO)
- A new displacement of 800 people happened in the State of Guerrero, municipality of Heliodoro Castillo, following armed clashes. Almost 3 000 people have been displaced over the last three months. While some are hosted by family members or in shelters, others find themselves in a very dire situation. The State of Guerrero has announced stronger security measures in the municipalities affected but is, so far, doing little to assist displaced people.
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).