- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Hurricanes Manuel and Ingrid brought high winds and torrential rains and left a wide path of devastation and flooding on both coasts of Mexico. More than 1 million people were affected and search and rescue efforts continue for the missing after last week’s storms.
The Mexican state of Guerrero was the most heavily impacted, though 20 other states throughout Mexico are also dealing with the devastating aftermath of the hurricanes. Severe damage to infrastructure, including roads and airport, has slowed emergency access to impacted areas and hindered communication.