- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Message from the Executive Director
I am very pleased to report that International Relief Teams has just celebrated its silver anniversary, having now provided 25 years of service to victims of disaster, poverty, and neglect both here and abroad.
Snapshot 16-23 September
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid ("the Humanitarian Aid Regulation"), and in particular Article 2, notably 2 (c), Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
06 June 2013
This report covers the period 01 January 2012 to 30 June 2012.
During the last years, the rapid expansion of non-political organized armed actors such as drug cartels, street gangs (maras) and organized crime groups has increased the level and intensity of violence in the Northern Triangle of Central America (NTCA - covering Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador) and Mexico. The humanitarian consequences of this phenomenon are comparable to the ones experienced during the civil wars that plagued the region at the end of the 20th century.