- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Central American refugees and migrants reach Mexico City
- Children traveling with migrant caravan in Mexico at risk of psychosocial distress – UNICEF
- IOM Monitors Caravans of Central American Migrants, Supports Voluntary Returns
- An estimated 2,300 children traveling with migrant caravan in Mexico need protection and essential services – UNICEF
- Lone children among most vulnerable in human ‘caravan’
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Insights from Administrator Rajiv Shah
These Docs Aim to Save Moms' Lives Many Times Over
Saving Lives Profile: Stopping Post-Partum Bleeding
Saving Lives Profile: Pinpointing Preeclampsia with a Simple Red Dot
Saving Lives Profile: Que Vivan Las Madres, Long Live the Mothers
Saving Lives Profile: Senegal's Mother Mentors
Podcast: Saving Lives at Birth -- Up for the Challenge
Snapshot 16-23 September
This paper investigates the role of non-traditional aid in meeting global challenges in improving gender equality and gender-related socioeconomic needs in the twenty-first century. We define non-traditional aid as private donations from individuals, foundations, and corporations and use a newly available dataset that provides unique information about publicly announced private donations of US$1 million or more between 2000-01 from the USA to developing countries.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid ("the Humanitarian Aid Regulation"), and in particular Article 2, notably 2 (c), Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
Video: How Can Innovative Technology Make Conflict Prevention More Effective?
On April 10, IPI, together with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), hosted an interactive discussion, video presentation, and launch of a five-case study report on the role of new technologies in the prevention of violent conflict.
By Isolda Agazzi
GENEVA, Mar 13 2013 (IPS) - Drought has dramatically increased as a consequence of climate change. Most countries react to it only after it has occurred, but don’t have national policies to prevent it. The high-level meeting on national drought policies in Geneva this week is trying to match scientific knowledge with political awareness.