- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Las lluvias en Sinaloa dejan al menos tres muertos y miles de evacuados
- Natural Disasters Monitoring - September 24, 2018
- Informe sobre la situación humanitaria de la infancia y la adolescencia a un año de los terremotos en México
- Refuerza Gobierno de la República acciones de recuperación en Estados afectados por fenómenos naturales
- Declara la Secretaría de Gobernación emergencia para diez municipios del Estado de Chihuahua
Global Overview JULY 2018
Ciudad de Guatemala, 10 jun (AGN).- El Gobierno de Guatemala solicitó hoy el acompañamiento de la Organización de Estados Americanos (OEA) para que verifique y transmita con transparencia la información sobre la ayuda internacional que se está recibiendo para los afectados por la erupción del volcán de Fuego, hace ocho días.
A pesar de una nueva erupción que causó una orden de evacuación, una misión de evaluación de la ONU con más de 50 trabajadores ha logrado visitar los albergues en Escuintla y Sacatepéquez y se encuentra trabajando sin parar para consolidar los suministros para un posible llamado humanitario.
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Global Overview MARCH 2018
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 26 November - 2 December 2017 and includes updates on influenza, plague, monkeypox, yellow fever, chikungunya, dengue and Zika.
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
MEXICO – TC PAINE
• TC PAINE continued moving north north-west over open waters, slightly weakening. On 20 September at 6.00 (UTC) its centre was located approx. 435 km south south-west of Punta Eugenia (Baja California State) and it had max. sustained winds speed of 110 km/h (Tropical Storm).
• Over the next 24 h it is forecast to continue moving north with a turn to the north-east approaching the western coast of Baja California state, weakening further.
The month saw violent extremist movements, including the Islamic State (IS) and al-Qaeda-linked groups, carry out major deadly attacks in Turkey, Pakistan, Côte d’Ivoire, Tunisia and Belgium. In Libya, the arrival of Prime Minister Serraj in Tripoli despite warnings from multiple factions could lead to further destabilisation. Meanwhile in Central Africa, political violence rose in Burundi and could break out in Chad around the 10 April presidential election.
The month saw an intensification of Yemen’s war, amid heightened regional rivalries between Saudi Arabia and Iran complicating prospects for peace. Political tensions increased in Haiti, Guinea-Bissau and Moldova, where protests over endemic corruption and a lack of confidence in the government could escalate. In Africa, Boko Haram’s deadly attacks increased in northern Cameroon, and Burkina Faso was hit by an unprecedented terror attack.
December 2015 – Trends
- Deteriorated situations
Afghanistan, Burundi, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Niger
- Improved situations
January 2016 – Watchlist
- Conflict risk alerts
- Conflict resolution opportunities
Some of Asia’s most important economies have the highest risk from the threat of natural hazards, due to the exposure of their cities and trading hubs to events such as flooding, earthquakes and tropical cyclones, according to the Natural Hazards Risk Atlas released by risk analysis company Maplecroft.
APEC lends support for health innovation, eyes greater worker productivity, economic sustainability
Issued by the APEC Health Working Group
St Petersburg, Russia, 28 June 2012 – APEC member economies participating in the APEC High-Level Meeting on Health & the Economy Wednesday recognized the urgent need for APEC member economies to invest in the health of their populations at all stages of life in order to fully capture the economic returns of a healthy and productive populations.
Honolulu, Hawaii , United States, 11 Nov 2011
We, APEC ministers and senior government officials, along with private sector leaders, met in Honolulu, Hawaii for the High Level Policy Dialogue on Disaster Resiliency, under the chairmanship of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Released: 1/11/2011 12:44:35 PM
U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S.
Office of Communication
119 National Center
Reston, VA 20192
Clarice Nassif Ransom