- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Un espacio donde volver a ser niños
- Earthquake in Mexico, Shake Map, 2018-02-17
- Mexico - Earthquake (DG ECHO, GDACS, USGS, Mexico Civil Protection, Oaxaca Civil Protection, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 18 February 2018)
- Earthquake in Oaxaca, Mexico. 37km NE of Pinotepa de Don Luis. Magnitude: 7.2 Depth: 24.65 (17 Feb 2018)
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 11 - 28 February 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.