- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
This week in New York I expressed Australia’s condolences to Caribbean Foreign Ministers for the loss of life and destruction caused by hurricanes Irma and Maria. Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with all people affected by the devastation.
The storms’ deadly and destructive impact has been felt in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Puerto Rico, St Martin and the Turks and Caicos.