- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Earthquake in Baja California Sur, Mexico. 77km NNE of Loreto. Magnitude: 6.3 Depth: 10.0 (19 Jan 2018)
- Earthquake in Mexico, Shake Map, 2018-01-19
- Daily life and death on the U.S.-Mexico border
- Comunicado de Prensa No. 784-17- En 2017 Conagua atendió a más de 5.3 millones de habitantes de 24 estados afectados por fenómenos naturales
- Aviso precautorio No. 4 por el Frente Frío No. 20
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
33%of international migrants are from G20 countries
50% of international migrants reside in G20 countries
122 million migrants live in G20 countries, representing 2.6% of the total population
Assisted Voluntary Returns Peaked at 70,000 in 2015: IOM
Switzerland - IOM assisted 69,540 migrants from 97 host and/or transit countries and 156 countries of origin in 2015, as part of its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes, according to the newly-released AVRR 2015 Key Highlights report.
La hausse des prix alimentaires menace des millions de vies
Des millions de gens parmi les plus pauvres seront confrontés à de graves problèmes en raison de la forte hausse des prix alimentaires.
En effet, le système alimentaire mondial présente de sérieux problèmes que les décideurs politiques n'ont pas le courage de prendre en main, préférant miser sur les ressources bon marché qu'ils ont tenues pour acquises pendant 30 ans. Mais cette époque est désormais révolue.
Millions more will go hungry as world struggles to respond to unprecedented food crises and sharply rising prices – Oxfam
PM’s hunger summit welcome & should kick start reforms to end “scandal” of a billion hungry people – “we cannot keep relying on humanitarian agencies to pick up the pieces”
Rising global food prices will force millions more people to go hungry and put massive additional strain on already overstretched humanitarian agencies, Oxfam warned today ahead of this weekend’s global hunger summit in Downing Street.
Washington/Nairobi, 24 September 2009 -The pace and scale of climate change may now be outstripping even the most sobering predictions of the last report of the Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change (IPCC).
An analysis of the very latest, peer-reviewed science indicates that many predictions at the upper end of the IPCC's forecasts are becoming ever more likely.
Meanwhile, the newly emerging science points to some events thought likely to occur in longer-term time horizons, as already happening or set to happen far sooner than had previously been thought.
Researchers have …