- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 8 - 10 November 2017
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 7 - 31 October 2017
- Entregó Diconsa más de 150 mil despensas por contingencias en estados afectados por sismos, tormentas y huracanes
- La recuperación de la infancia tras los terremotos requiere de un compromiso nacional a largo plazo, señala UNICEF
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
33%of international migrants are from G20 countries
50% of international migrants reside in G20 countries
122 million migrants live in G20 countries, representing 2.6% of the total population
Switzerland - On 20 June 2017, the UN Migration Agency (IOM) and the Governments of Australia, Mexico, Norway, Peru, Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) co-hosted an event exploring good practices on migration governance at the United Nations Office in Geneva.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 16-22 April 2017 and includes updates on influenza, cholera, poliomyelitis, measles, legionnaires' disease and yellow fever.
One out of ten respondents in a global survey said they would welcome refugees in their homes, while 80% overall said they would want their country to provide shelter.Respondents in China, Germany and the UK emerged as overall the most welcoming countries in the world.