- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read reports
- Las lluvias en Sinaloa dejan al menos tres muertos y miles de evacuados
- Informe sobre la situación humanitaria de la infancia y la adolescencia a un año de los terremotos en México
- Abductions and violence, the price to pay to cross Mexico
- Declara la Secretaría de Gobernación Emergencia para 11 municipios del estado de Sinaloa
- Uprooted in Central America and Mexico: Migrant and refugee children face a vicious cycle of hardship and danger
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the General Assembly the report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 70/300.
Report of the Director-General of the World Health Organization on consolidating gains and accelerating efforts to control and eliminate malaria in developing countries, particularly in Africa, by 2030
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Mexico - Tropical Depression THREE
• Tropical Depression THREE formed in the eastern Pacific Ocean, off the coasts of Oaxaca and Guerrero states, on 10 June.
• On 11 June, at 9.00 UTC, its approximate centre was 410km of Acapulco in Guerrero.
• Over the next 48h, THREE is forecast to intensify significantly. It is expected to move north-west and then turn north-northeast, towards Oaxaca and Guerrero.
• Very heavy rainfall and strong winds may affect the southern states of Mexico, particularly Guerrero, Oaxaca and Chiapas, on 11 June.