- Tropical Storm Nate - Oct 2017
- Mexico: Earthquakes - Sep 2017
- Tropical Cyclone Franklin - Aug 2017
- Hurricane Earl - Aug 2016
- Central America: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Mexico/Guatemala: Earthquake - Jul 2014
- Central America: Drought - 2014-2017
- Mexico: Tropical Storms Ingrid and Manuel - Sep 2013
- Central America: Dengue Outbreak - 2013-2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- La Unión Europea destina 158,575 euros para que niñas y niños puedan volver a clases en México
- Mexico Earthquake Humanitarian Situation Report No. 9 - 24 November 2017
- Mexico: MSF ends emergency response after the earthquakes
- City Square Transforms into Health Clinic After Mexico Earthquake
- Zeid urges Mexico not to pass proposed internal security law
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
Projects to be implemented by the Inter-American Development Bank include damage evaluation for the purposes of reconstruction
The Government of Japan announced today that it will provide $1.25 million in technical cooperation to support Mexico via the Japan Special Fund of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in response to two earthquakes that hit the country in September.
Los proyectos, que serán implementados por el BID, incluyen una evaluación de daños a infraestructura para la reconstrucción
El Gobierno de Japón anunció hoy que proporcionará US$ 1,25 millones en cooperación técnica para apoyar a México a través del Fondo Especial Japonésdel Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID) en respuesta a dos terremotos que azotaron el país en septiembre.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Today, September 20, upon the request of the Government of the United Mexican States, the Government of Japan decided to dispatch the Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Search and Rescue Team to the Mexico to conduct search and rescue operations for missing persons in response to the damages caused by the massive earthquake. The team will depart for Mexico on September 21.
In light of the friendly relations between Japan and Mexico, Japan decided to provide emergency assistance to Mexico from a humanitarian viewpoint.
33%of international migrants are from G20 countries
50% of international migrants reside in G20 countries
122 million migrants live in G20 countries, representing 2.6% of the total population
Para atender a damnificados de lluvias e inundaciones
19:51. Lima, abr. 16. El Perú recibió un total de 232.881 toneladas de ayuda humanitaria de parte de once países para los damnificados de las intensas lluvias y las inundaciones que azotaron varias regiones del país, informó hoy el Instituto Nacional de Defensa Civil (Indeci).
Las donaciones llegaron principalmente de Venezuela, país que aportó 70 toneladas de ayuda humanitaria.
In 2016, EM-DAT preliminary data indicates that 301 country level disasters occurred, affecting 102 countries. The impact of which sums up to a total of 7,628 deaths, 411 million affected people, and US$97 billion of economic damages.
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
Emblematic megacities address the threats of climate change to their water-related needs
MEXICO, USA – TC PAINE
• Tropical Cyclone PAINE continued moving north near the western coasts of Baja California peninsula, weakening and becoming a Post Tropical Cyclone. On 21 September at 3.00 (UTC) its centre was located approx. 140 km west of Punta Eugenia (Baja California State) and it had max. sustained winds speed of 55 km/h.
Les pays participant aux deux sommets sur les réfugiés devraient s’engager à renforcer leurs offres de réinstallation et d’aide
At Global Refugee Summits, Commit to Resettlement and Aid
(New York, September 13, 2016) – The massive refugee crisis demands an unprecedented global response, Human Rights Watch said today. At two summits on September 19 and 20, 2016, at the United Nations, world leaders should take bold steps to share responsibility for millions of people displaced by violence, repression, and persecution.
CrisisWatch is a monthly early warning bulletin designed to provide a regular update on the state of the most significant situations of conflict around the world.
Global Overview, August 2016