Most read reports
- IFRC: Moldova: Extreme winter conditions, DREF Operation n° MDRMD006 Emergency Plan of Action Operation Update no. 1. 3 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Moldova: Location Map (2013). 25 Sep 2013
- IFRC: Moldova: Extreme winter conditions, Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA), DREF n° MDRMD006. 6 Feb 2019
- WFP: Moldova: Safety Nets Alert Platform (SNAP) Country Dashboard - January 2018. 28 May 2018
- ReliefWeb: Moldova: Location Map (2010). 30 Jun 2010
EASTERN EUROPEAN BORDERS ANNUAL RISK ANALYSIS 2015 PUBLISHED
In 2014, only 0.5% of all illegal border-crossings reported by EU Member States at the external borders took place at the 6 000-kilometre-long eastern borders of the EU, totalling 1 275.
Meanwhile, the economic downturn in Russia led to a decline in regular traffic flows at EU Member States’ borders with the country, with the weakening rouble reducing the number of Russian travellers and shoppers crossing the EU borders. This trend was the most pronounced near the end of last year.