Most read reports
- IFRC: Moldova: Extreme winter conditions, DREF Operation n° MDRMD006 Emergency Plan of Action Operation Update no. 1. 3 Jun 2019
- IFRC: Moldova: Extreme winter conditions, Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA), DREF n° MDRMD006. 6 Feb 2019
- WFP: Moldova: Safety Nets Alert Platform (SNAP) Country Dashboard - January 2018. 28 May 2018
- OCHA: Moldova: Location Map (2013). 25 Sep 2013
- IFRC: Moldova: Drought (as of 30 Nov 2012). 3 Dec 2012
Annual Report: relief aid tripled in 2015
In 2015, Dorcas helped 373,375 people in emergency situations, which is more than three times as many people as last year. Many of these people were displaced because of the earthquake in Nepal, others were refugees from Syria and Iraq and there were many who fled because of the turmoil in eastern Ukraine. You can read all the details in our recently released annual report. Dorcas is thankful for all the donations and funds that made all of this possible.
20-YEAR REVIEW SHOWS 90% OF DISASTERS ARE WEATHER-RELATED; US, CHINA, INDIA, PHILIPPINES AND INDONESIA RECORD THE MOST
23 November 2015, GENEVA – A new report issued today by the UN, “The Human Cost of Weather Related Disasters”, shows that over the last twenty years, 90% of major disasters have been caused by 6,457 recorded floods, storms, heatwaves, droughts and other weather-related events.
The five countries hit by the highest number of disasters are the United States (472), China (441), India (288), Philippines (274), and Indonesia, (163).