Most read reports
- IFRC: Moldova: Extreme winter conditions, Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA), DREF n° MDRMD006. 6 Feb 2019
- IFRC: Moldova: Extreme winter conditions, DREF Operation n° MDRMD006 Emergency Plan of Action Operation Update no. 1. 3 Jun 2019
- OCHA: Moldova: Location Map (2013). 25 Sep 2013
- UNDP: Snow storm blasts Moldova: UN provides essential equipment as hundreds of villages without electricity. 23 Apr 2017
- IFRC: Moldova: Drought (as of 30 Nov 2012). 3 Dec 2012
Global Overview JULY 2018
Global Overview MAY 2018
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2017, the Joint Programme provided support to more than 60 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors. Peace and Development Advisors are at the forefront of the Programme’s efforts, they support the UN system to effectively adapt and respond to complex political situations and identify areas for preventive action.
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Global Overview – Trends and Outlook
The month saw fighting escalate again in Syria and Afghanistan, and erupt in Nagorno-Karabakh between Armenian-backed separatists and Azerbaijani forces. In Bangladesh, election violence and killings by extremist groups showed how new heights of government-opposition rivalry and state repression have benefitted violent political party wings and extremist groups alike. Political tensions intensified in Iraq and Macedonia, and security forces severely supressed opposition protests in the Republic of Congo and Gambia.