Saint Martin (France)
Most read reports
- Un an après Irma, la Croix-Rouge renforce ses actions auprès des plus vulnérables
- Mieux se préparer aux risques de catastrophes : la PIRAC au cœur du dispositif Croix-Rouge
- Hurricane Irma - Initial Aerial Damage Assessment, 08SEP17 Saint Martin - East
- Saint Martin - Antilles Islands, France - Wind Storm - Situation as of 06/09/2017, Delineation Map
- Grand Case - Saint Martin (FR.) - Wind storm - Situation as of 14/09/2017, Grading Map - MONIT02
In 2017, EM-DAT data indicates that 318 natural disasters occurred, affecting 122 countries. The impact of which resulted in 9,503 deaths, 96 million people affected, and US$314 billion in economic damages.
The human impact of natural disasters in 2017 was much lower than the last 10 year average, where events with extremely high mortality occurred, such as the 2010 earthquake in Haiti (225,570 deaths) and the 2008 Nargis Cyclone in Myanmar (138,400 deaths).