- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: Community Contributions Redevelop the North and East
- Sri Lanka Disaster Situation Update - Report as at 1200 hrs on 2018. 10. 14
- Distribution of relief packs for drought affected people from today
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 15th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Sri Lanka Disaster Situation Update - Report as at 1200 hrs on 2018. 10. 12
La violence physique ou sexuelle est un problème de santé publique qui touche plus d’un tiers des femmes dans le monde. Cette étude de l’Organisation mondiale de la santé (OMS) relève également que la violence du partenaire intime est la forme la plus courante et elle touche 30% des femmes à l’échelle mondiale.
The nearly three decades long civil war in Sri Lanka, left the education system in the country’s North weakened.
But, now even after two years have passed since the government declared victory over the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam or LTTE, the cracks remain.
Saturday, December 26, marks five years since the deadly Indian Ocean tsunami. The entire UN system and countless NGOs and other global partners joined together to respond to the disaster which killed more than 200,000 people.
One hundred million uncleared landmines lie in the fields and alongside the roads and footpaths of one-third of the countries in the developing world.
The release of internally displaced people from camps in northern Sri Lanka has been moving at a very fast pace according to the United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator.
John Holmes, back from a visit to Sri Lanka, says when he visited the Menik Farm camp last week, the number of the displaced people there was less than half of what it had been at end of hostilities.
Since 1990, people from North West Sri Lanka were forced out of their homes and into camps during the armed conflict. Now, many of them are looking forward to their return home after 19 years of living in IDP camps.
United Nations humanitarian agencies are calling for unrestricted access to the conflict zone in North East Sri Lanka to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians trapped in the zone by the war.
The agencies say they have no information on the numbers of sick or wounded still in the conflict zone.
Le gouvernement japonais a décidé d'augmenter le montant de sa contribution à l'aide aux populations rendues vulnérables par les crises alimentaires.
Le gouvernement japonais va donc octroyer 2,88 milliards au Programme alimentaire mondiale pour soutenir les pays touchés par les crises alimentaires qui résultent des conflits internes, la pauvreté et d'autres facteurs.