- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
By Navindra Senaratne – Media Coordinator of Sri Lanka Red Cross Society
The recent wave of flooding in Sri Lanka caused severe damages to paddy land almost destroying nearly 400,000 acres of paddy land in 7 Districts in the North, North-western, and Eastern Provinces.The livelihoods of farmers living in these were severely affected and the floods put their livelihood at risk.
In this backdrop the Sri Lanka Red Cross Society (SLRCS) launched its Post Flood Recovery Programme and took steps to restore their livelihoods and to support them to restore their lives.