- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: National Reference Map (as of 14 Dec 2018)
- Department of Meteorology Bulletin No: 12: Warning for Strong winds, Heavy Rain and Rough seas
- Demining efforts commended
- Legacies and Lessons: Sexual violence against men and boys in Sri Lanka and Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Nutrition and women's empowerment - a foundation for development in Sri Lanka
Women and children can be disproportionately affected by disasters, but taking a closer look at disaster data could help reduce their vulnerabilities
By Amantha Perera
VALASSMULLA, Sri Lanka, June 22 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - When floods swept through this small town in Sri Lanka's Southern Province, 12-year-old Radhika Dayarathne lost more than her home.
We are a diverse, dynamic, and talented work-force, accompanying Sri Lanka in its socio-economic development.
Our overall commitment is to enable populations, with a focus on women, young people, and the elderly, by promoting reproductive rights and gender equality for an inclusive and peaceful Sri Lanka.
Women’s Leadership in Humanitarian Action Gender inequalities constrain the influence and control that women and girls have over their own lives. Disasters and crises tend to exacerbate pre-existing gender-based discrimination, inequalities, and violence. As a consequence, women and girls are disproportionally impacted before, during, and after disasters. However, in the Asia Pacific region, evidence has shown that women and girls are among the first responders to a crisis and play crucial roles in building resilience of families and communities.
This report summarises the performance of the Australian aid program in 2014-15. It reviews progress with implementation of the Government’s policy and performance framework for the aid program.
Chapter 1 reviews progress towards the 10 strategic targets set by the Government to assess the performance of the aid program as a whole. Good progress has been made against the strategic targets.
This report summarises the performance of the Australian aid program in 2015-16. It reviews progress with implementation of the Government’s policy and performance framework.