- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
This comprehensive powerpoint presentation is intended for use by individuals who are giving presentations to their colleagues, community groups, EERI student chapters and others. It was developed to explain the origins of the earthquake and ensuing tsunami (including a brief outline of earthquake and tsunami generation) and to document the damage caused by the earthquake and tsunami in many countries around the Indian Ocean. It also includes slides on past tsunamis in the USA as well as a discussion of tsunami risk reduction methods.
The Earthquake Engineering Research Institute is an Oakland based nonprofit with academic and professional members through the world with a common interest in reducing the effects of earthquakes on society. Today Craig Comartin, incoming President, announced an unprecedented reconnaissance effort to capture technical data from the devastating tsunamis of December 26, 2004, in the Indian Basin. Comartin conveyed the sadness and frustration of those throughout the earthquake community: "Our hearts are heavy for those who have suffered such profound losses.