- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Department of Meteorology Bulletin No: 12: Warning for Strong winds, Heavy Rain and Rough seas
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 16th November 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 17th November 2018 at 1800hrs
- Cyclonic storm ‘GAJA’ to move away from island today
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 14th November 2018 at 1800hrs
Muslim Aid Sri Lanka (MASL) focused on the themes of escalating food prices and fighting food scarcity during its Ramadan programmes this year.
In 2008, the world was rocked by spiralling food prices brought on by a variety of reasons including high energy prices, climate change, bio fuel production and declining agricultural production in the face of increasing demand.
The poor are the hardest hit, with no means to cushion themselves from the rise in prices. In Sri Lanka, for example, the cost of rice has more than doubled in the past year, sharply increasing food budgets.