- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Army Distributes Own Drinking Water to the Drought-Affected in Kopay
- IOM Trains Sri Lankan Aircrew to Identify, Report Human Trafficking
- Dengue fever fears grow as rains cause flooding and landslides in Sri Lanka
- Japan grants US$ 1.25 million for demining in the North
- Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health: Dengue Update, 14 August 2018
Muslim Aid Sri Lanka (MASL) focused on the themes of escalating food prices and fighting food scarcity during its Ramadan programmes this year.
In 2008, the world was rocked by spiralling food prices brought on by a variety of reasons including high energy prices, climate change, bio fuel production and declining agricultural production in the face of increasing demand.
The poor are the hardest hit, with no means to cushion themselves from the rise in prices. In Sri Lanka, for example, the cost of rice has more than doubled in the past year, sharply increasing food budgets.