- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Building Sri Lanka’s Resilience To Climate Change
- Army Distributes Own Drinking Water to the Drought-Affected in Kopay
- IOM Trains Sri Lankan Aircrew to Identify, Report Human Trafficking
- Dengue fever fears grow as rains cause flooding and landslides in Sri Lanka
- Japan grants US$ 1.25 million for demining in the North
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme
Geneva, 4-8 October 2010
30 September 2010
This update presents some examples of challenges, progress and new developments in global programmes and partnerships since the last strategic overview presented to the 47th meeting of the Standing Committee in March 2010. A more comprehensive report will be provided in the forthcoming Global Appeal 2011 Update.
In one dreary morning, I, the pupil of kindergarten #2, became an IDP; to be more specific, I was forced to become an IDP. In several hours, I lost my friends, home and happy childhood. I experienced the horror of hunger and cold. At age of 6, I realized words "peace" and "bread". The vision of endless flow of people worn out from hunger and cold and the taste of a piece of bread I clutched in my fist will never fade from my memory.
This report is submitted to the European Parliament and the Council in compliance with the reporting requirement set out in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) N=B01717/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 15 November 2006 establishing an Instrument for Stability (the IfS Regulation). This article states:
'The Commission shall examine progress achieved in implementing the measures undertaken pursuant to this Regulation and shall submit to the European Parliament and the Council an annual report on the implementation of the assistance.
Le présent document est le deuxième programme indicatif (PI) pluriannuel pour le volet à long terme (article 4) de l'instrument de stabilité (IdS).
SRI LANKA: UMCOR PROVIDES AID IN RECENT CONFLICT
Georgia: UMCOR Provides Flood Relief
In the Republic of Georgia "April Showers" turned into April floods this year. For nearly a week, daily torrential rains accumulated, causing landslides and the worst flooding in recent history. The resulting destruction includes downed electric lines and contaminated water systems. UMCOR's NGO field office unit helped to assess the damage in four districts of western Georgia and build plans for disaster response and recovery. Your gift can make a difference to vulnerable families in the flood zones.