- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Department of Meteorology Bulletin No: 12: Warning for Strong winds, Heavy Rain and Rough seas
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 18th November 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 17th November 2018 at 1800hrs
- Cyclonic storm ‘GAJA’ to move away from island today
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 16th November 2018 at 1800hrs
Colombo – May 5, 2011: Assistant Secretary Robert Blake, former U.S. Ambassador to Sri Lanka, traveled to Kilinochchi on Tuesday to turn over water pumps to formerly displaced farmers in the North. The water pumps are one aspect of a $5.2 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) project to assist recently resettled families in the North, conducted in partnership with the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the Ministry of Agriculture and the Northern Council Departments of Agriculture, Livestock and Agrarian Services.
COLOMBO, 5 May 2011 (IRIN) - The US government has called on the Sri Lankan authorities to address allegations of war crimes through a national mechanism.
The government has made arrangements to implement a housing programme for the displaced persons in the North. This programme is being jointly implemented by the Ministries of Resettlement and the construction, Engineering Services, Housing, and Common Amenities.
Under this programme, the National Housing Development Authority extends a loan of 200 thousand rupees to every house recipient. The programme is to be implemented in every district in the North and will commence from the Mullathivu and Kilinochchi districts.
VAVUNIYA: 81 unserviceable AP mines and nine electric mines have been recovered by the field engineer troops and the HORIZON, MMIPE, and DDG de mining teams in the suburbs of VAVUNIYA yesterday (04)
KILINOCHCHI: One unserviceable 81mm mortar bomb has been recovered by the field engineer troops in a search operation conducted in the general area of KILINOCHCHI yesterday (04).
EAST: Following unserviceable military equipment have been recovered by the field engineer troops in search operations conducted in the PANKULAM, GNAPRAKASHAM and the MUKARAL areas yesterday (04).
MANILA, PHILIPPINES - The Government of Australia has agreed to provide an untied grant of A$21.584 million for Asian Development Bank (ADB)-administered trust funds targeted at water investment and clean energy initiatives in Asia and the Pacific.