- Sri Lanka: Floods - Dec 2018
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
Most read reports
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 18th January 2019 at 1800hrs
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society continues to provide support to the people affected by recent floods
- WFP Sri Lanka Country Brief, December 2018
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 17th January 2019 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 16th January 2019 at 1800hrs
HELSINKI, Finland, May 25 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency has completed a unique and moving series of regional dialogues with women that began in India last November and wrapped up in Finland this week.
The seven dialogue meetings brought together hundreds of women in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas and were aimed at giving refugee women a voice and an opportunity to influence change during UNHCR's landmark 60th year.
I will focus my remarks today on the pressing need to ensure more effective protection for civilians in the conduct of hostilities.
The deliberate targeting of civilians or other flagrant disregard for well-being in violation of international humanitarian law during hostilities results in hundreds killed, injured, maimed and traumatised every week. Recent events in Libya and Cote d’Ivoire are the latest examples of this, but other situations also demand our attention.