- Sri Lanka: Floods - Dec 2018
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society continues to provide support to the people affected by recent floods
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 15th January 2019 at 1800hrs
- AMDA Emergency Relief #5: Emergency Relief for Flood Victims in Sri Lanka
- Countering climate change with the cascade effect
- A story of flood affected in the North of Sri Lanka
COUNTING THE COST OF DISASTERS IN ASIA PACIFIC
The economic cost of natural disasters in the first quarter of 2011 in the Asia Pacific region is the highest on record.
A 15-member disaster relief team deployed by the Government of Sri Lanka arrived in Japan yesterday (12/05) to carry out volunteer activities in the Ishinomaki area of Miyagi prefecture.
The team will mainly engage in mud and debris clearance operations and will assist in the tsunami struck areas of Miyagi prefecture from 13th May for a period of 2 weeks, in cooperation with the volunteer activities of ‘Peace Boat’, a Non-Governmental Organisation.
In response to the Great East Japan Earthquake, a disaster relief team comprising 15 officials from the Ministry of Disaster Management of Sri Lanka will arrive at Narita Airport on the morning of May 12 (UL460).
This team is going to engage in debris clearance operations in Ishinomaki, Miyagi Prefecture for about two weeks from May 13, in cooperation with volunteer activities of 'Peace Boat', a Non-Governmental Organization.