- Office of the UN Resident Coordinator Drought Update No. 2 - Sri Lanka | 19 Sep 2017
- WHO Country Office for Sri Lanka: Floods in Sri Lanka Situation Report No. 5 (28 August 2017)
- WHO: Sri Lanka Dengue Outbreak Situation Report 03, 28 July 2017
Appeals and Funding
- HCT: Floods and Landslides Emergency Response Plan (June - October 2017)
- IFRC: Severe floods and landslides - Emergency appeal n° MDRLK006, 1 Jun 2017
- Disaster Management Center, Ministry of Disaster Management
- Sri Lanka Epidemiology Unit: Dengue Surveillance Trends
- Sri Lanka Department of Meteorology
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society
- United Nations Sri Lanka
- Shelter Cluster: Sri Lanka Floods 2017
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Sri Lanka Mine Action - Country profile
- Human Rights Watch: Sri Lanka - Events of 2016
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Sep 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Iraq:Up to 13% of IDPs are located in areas that are currently not considered accessible by humanitarian actors. The overall number and geographical spread of IDPs pose a major challenge for provision of assistance. Approximately 1.5 million individuals are in need of emergency food assistance. An estimated 580,000 people are in urgent need of emergency shelter assistance.
Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea: Transmission remains high, and case numbers doubled between the last week of August and the first of September in Liberia; in Sierra Leone 150 cases were reported for each of the last two weeks. Fewer cases have been reported in Guinea – 49 between 5 and 7 September – but the case fatality rate has been extremely high, at 65%.
Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone: The Ebola outbreak that started at the beginning of 2014 has resurged, with more than 635 cases recorded, including 399 deaths, as of 23 June. WHO is urging a wider, inter-country response to the subregional crisis.
South Sudan: SAM was found to be at 6% from a screening of 500,000 children. In Bentiu UN base, the under-five mortality rate has passed the emergency threshold. 2,300 cases of cholera have been reported.
COMORAS: Moussa Toybou se convierte en nuevo presidente de la isla de Anjouan, según los datos provisionales de las elecciones celebradas el 29 de junio, que deberán ser validados por el Tribunal Constitucional. Toybou obtuvo el 52,37% de los votos en la segunda vuelta, con una participación del 48'98%. Su elección pone fin a la crisis vinculada a su contestado predecesor, Mohamed Bacar, que fue destituido en marzo pasado luego de una intervención conjunta de las FFAA federales y tropas de la UA.