- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: National Reference Map (as of 14 Dec 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Sri Lanka 11-December-2018
- Department of Meteorology Bulletin No: 12: Warning for Strong winds, Heavy Rain and Rough seas
- Demining efforts commended
- Nutrition and women's empowerment - a foundation for development in Sri Lanka
GENEVA, Jan 19 2018 (IOM) - IOM, the UN Migration Agency, is appealing for nearly USD 1.4 billion to address the needs of over 80 million people in 50 countries in 2018. These vital funds will support people displaced within the borders of their own countries, migrants, refugees and the communities that host them, people returning to their areas of origin and people experiencing or recovering from conflict and natural disasters.
Aide aux pays partenaires et aux organismes régionaux pour élaborer des politiques plus énergiques
16 juillet 2015, Addis-Abeba – L'Union européenne et la FAO ont lancé un nouveau partenariat visant à renforcer la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle, l'agriculture durable et la résilience dans au moins 35 pays*.
Partner countries and regional bodies will receive support to develop stronger policies in these crucial sectors
16 July 2015, Addis Ababa - The European Union and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) have launched a new partnership agreement to boost food and nutrition security, sustainable agriculture and resilience in at least 35 countries*.
Vienna, Austria, June 17, 2013. The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 143rd Session on June 13, has approved 17 loans and grants totaling over US$234 million to boost socio-economic development in over 44 partner countries. The majority of the public sector funding will co-finance transportation, energy and water supply and sanitation projects.
The approved public sector loans are as follows:
Foreword: A year of challenges
It is my pleasure to present to you the 2008 Annual Report for the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF).
For the millions of people affected by natural disasters and conflict worldwide, 2008 was a year of enormous challenges. More than 211 million people were affected by natural disasters, with more than 238,000 killed and US$200 billion in damages, making 2008 one of the most devastating years in terms of human and material losses.