- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Army Distributes Own Drinking Water to the Drought-Affected in Kopay
- IOM Trains Sri Lankan Aircrew to Identify, Report Human Trafficking
- Dengue fever fears grow as rains cause flooding and landslides in Sri Lanka
- Japan grants US$ 1.25 million for demining in the North
- Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health: Dengue Update, 14 August 2018
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
The Global Early Warning – Early Action (EWEA) report on food security and agriculture is developed by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). The report is part of FAO’s EWEA system, which aims to translate forecasts and early warnings into anticipatory action.
Affected areas Mindanao island (Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Misamis Oriental provinces)
Cause of displacement Disaster, Conflict
Figures As many as 182,000 new disaster displacements between 5 and 26 May; At least 100,000 new conflict displacements between 23 and 31 May
Le rapport de la FAO souligne des pertes importantes dues à la perturbation des activités agricoles, à la hausse des prix et au déplacement des moyens d’existence
Food insecurity strains deepen amid civil conflict and drought
FAO report notes heavy toll of disrupted farming, higher prices and displaced livelihoods
8 June 2017, Rome-- Large agricultural harvests in some regions of the world are buoying global food supply conditions, but protracted fighting and unrest are increasing the ranks of the displaced and hungry elsewhere, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report.
Global harvests strong but hunger persists amid chronic conflict zones
Food security emergencies are likely to increase
2 March 2017, Rome - Global food supply conditions are robust, but access to food has been dramatically reduced in areas suffering civil conflicts, while drought conditions are worsening food security across swathes of East Africa, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report.