- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
La violence physique ou sexuelle est un problème de santé publique qui touche plus d’un tiers des femmes dans le monde. Cette étude de l’Organisation mondiale de la santé (OMS) relève également que la violence du partenaire intime est la forme la plus courante et elle touche 30% des femmes à l’échelle mondiale.
Sixty-seventh General Assembly
10th & 11th Meetings (AM & PM)
Chair Says Focus on Gender Equality Could Have Strong Spillover to Other Areas; Committee Hears from Some 56 Speakers on Second Day of Women’s Advancement Debate
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
Commission on Population and Development
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination
- 333 Global leprosy situation, 2009
- 333 Le point sur la lèpre dans le monde, 2009
Sixty-second General Assembly
39th & 40th Meetings (AM & PM)
Refugee Figures Rise to Nearly 10 Million After Several Years of Decrease, High Commissioner Tells Committee
A draft resolution that would have the General Assembly declare 15 October of each year as the International Day of Rural Women was approved as orally revised without a vote today by the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural), as Member States stepped up collective efforts to better the lot of women living in rural areas.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.