- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Department of Meteorology Bulletin No: 12: Warning for Strong winds, Heavy Rain and Rough seas
- Cyclonic storm ‘GAJA’ to move away from island today
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 14th November 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 13th November 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 12th November 2018 at 1800hrs
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
171 projects in 39 countries – last year, Kolping International was able to support vocational training, agriculture, micro credit, and water projects with over 11 million euro. The donations by private donors increased significantly, amounting to nearly 7.3 million Euro – that’s an increase of over 20% compared with last year.
Thee year 2008 witnessed a worsening situation in several ongoing emergencies. Renewed fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo left many casualties and forced many to fee their homes. Insecurity in Somalia, Afghanistan, Chad, Kenya and Pakistan caused increased hardship for millions of vulnerable people.