- Office of the UN Resident Coordinator Drought Update No. 2 - Sri Lanka | 19 Sep 2017
- WHO Country Office for Sri Lanka: Floods in Sri Lanka Situation Report No. 5 (28 August 2017)
- WHO: Sri Lanka Dengue Outbreak Situation Report 03, 28 July 2017
Appeals and Funding
- HCT: Floods and Landslides Emergency Response Plan (June - October 2017)
- IFRC: Severe floods and landslides - Emergency appeal n° MDRLK006, 1 Jun 2017
- Disaster Management Center, Ministry of Disaster Management
- Sri Lanka Epidemiology Unit: Dengue Surveillance Trends
- Sri Lanka Department of Meteorology
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society
- United Nations Sri Lanka
- Shelter Cluster: Sri Lanka Floods 2017
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Sri Lanka Mine Action - Country profile
- Human Rights Watch: Sri Lanka - Events of 2016
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Sep 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2016, the Joint Programme provided support to 45 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 16-22 April 2017 and includes updates on influenza, cholera, poliomyelitis, measles, legionnaires' disease and yellow fever.
Global Overview – Trends and Outlook
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
The role of faith in the humanitarian sector is not easy to measure. Faiths generally advocate welcoming the stranger and there are many organisations and individuals inspired by their faith or religion to provide protection and assistance. Yet it is easier to measure the activities inspired by faith than to measure the difference that having that faith makes, and secularly inspired standards for such activities can appear to be in tension with the faith inspiration. FMR 48 includes 36 articles on ‘Faith’ plus seven ‘general’ articles.
World Refugee Day: UNHCR report finds 80 per cent of world's refugees in developing countries
GENEVA, June 20 (UNHCR) – A UNHCR report released today reveals deep imbalance in international support for the world's forcibly displaced, with a full four-fifths of the world's refugees being hosted by developing countries – and at a time of rising anti-refugee sentiment in many industrialized ones.