- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: Community Contributions Redevelop the North and East
- Sri Lanka Disaster Situation Update - Report as at 1200 hrs on 2018. 10. 14
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 15th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Distribution of relief packs for drought affected people from today
- Sri Lanka Disaster Situation Update - Report as at 1200 hrs on 2018. 10. 12
The Deputy Minister of Social Development, Dr Jean Benjamin today made a further appeal to the social sector to work together and coordinate efforts in assisting the Tsunami disaster victims by focusing on prioritising services such as psycho-social support to women and children.
She made this appeal in Pretoria at an emergency summit meeting of the social development sector that met to enhance coordinating efforts to assist the victims of the Tsunami disaster since its aftermath on 26 December 2004 that affected countries in Asia and Africa.
"The Tsunami disaster has …
The Deputy Minister of Social Development, Dr Jean Benjamin, will today at 10:00 in the HSRC building, Pretorius Street, Pretoria address the social services sector with regard to support the victims of the Tsunami disaster, especially psycho-social support for women and children.
The meeting will be attended by amongst others social work practitioners, representatives from the private sector and non governmental and faith based organisations.
"A coordinated response is necessary to ensure the critical success factor to one of the greatest natural disasters this century …
Pretoria - The Minister of Finance, Mr TA Manuel, today announced that twelve 20 foot containers of clothing and footwear will be donated to the victims of the recent Tsunami in South East Asia by the South African Government.