- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: National Reference Map (as of 14 Dec 2018)
- GIEWS Country Brief: Sri Lanka 11-December-2018
- Department of Meteorology Bulletin No: 12: Warning for Strong winds, Heavy Rain and Rough seas
- Demining efforts commended
- Legacies and Lessons: Sexual violence against men and boys in Sri Lanka and Bosnia & Herzegovina
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
I. Candidate countries and potential candidates
Main results of the Council
As the fighting drew to an end in Sri Lanka, the Council reiterated its call on the Government urgently to proceed towards a comprehensive political process.
The food crisis of 2008 provoked a strong coordinated response from the world community and exposed fundamental problems in the agrofood sector, which continue. Prices remain high in many domestic markets of developing countries, and the risk of future volatility persists. The present economy-wide crisis creates severe economic and social difficulties, which aggravate agricultural problems and the food situation -particularly for least-developed countries and small farmers - and which require stronger actions.
The European Parliament and Council, on Friday 15 July, agreed concrete solutions to finance the reconstruction needs for Tsunami affected countries and assist Slovakia in the wake of floods in the Tatras.