- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: Floods and landslides - Emergency Plan of Action Operation Update n° MDRLK006
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 20th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 21st October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 19th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Sri Lanka: Community Contributions Redevelop the North and East
Assemblée générale Deuxième Commission
Soixante-treizième session, 10e et 11e séances – matin & après-midi
GENERAL ASSEMBLY SECOND COMMITTEE
SEVENTY-THIRD SESSION, 10TH & 11TH MEETINGS (AM & PM)
Destructive impacts of climate change like droughts, floods and increasingly severe storms are the primary culprits behind decreased farming output and rising hunger worldwide, speakers told the Second Committee (Economic and Financial), as it took up agriculture, food security and nutrition today.
From the editors
In her Foreword to this issue of FMR, the Special Rapporteur on the human rights of internally displaced persons, Cecilia Jimenez-Damary, poses the question: Where do we go from here?
Throughout 2017, the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) supported relief operations in 36 countries to ensure delivery of urgent aid to millions of people in desperate need.
CERF’s 2017 Annual Report, launched today, provides a detailed account of how, during the year, CERF and its partners ensured strategic use of almost $420 million in donor contributions to deliver the highest priority aid, where and when it was need the most.
Global Overview JULY 2018
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
Global Overview JUNE 2018
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
Global Overview MAY 2018
América del Sur
Ecuador- Sismo- 23/5/18
The Revised UN-Habitat Evaluation Framework (2016) has helped to increase evaluation focus, coverage and generated evidence performance. The evaluations conducted in 2017 were diverse covering country programmes (Afghanistan); global programmes (World Urban Forum7, Achieving Sustainable Urban Development, Global Land Tool Network); Subprogrammes (Urban Planning and Design); regional offices (Regional Office for Arab States) and Corporate (Mid-term evaluation of the strategic plan 2014-2019) as well as projects and programmes.
Here is a selection of the latest evidence on violence against women and girls (VAWG):
ENGAGING MEN AS FATHERS
The impact of engaging fathers on Intimate Partner Violence:
Global Overview APRIL 2018
↗ International prices of wheat and maize rose in March for the third consecutive month and averaged more than 10 percent above their levels in December 2017. Prices were mainly supported by concerns over the impact of prolonged dryness in key-growing areas of the United States of America and Argentina, coupled with strong demand. International rice prices remained relatively stable.
Global Overview MARCH 2018
Estimaciones globales sobre la inseguridad alimentaria aguda en 2017
• Alrededor de 124 millones de personas en 51 países se enfrentan a una situación de Crisis de inseguridad alimentaria o peor (equivalente o superior a la fase 3 del IPC/CH) y requieren una acción humanitaria urgente para salvar vidas, proteger los medios de vida y reducir los niveles de hambre y desnutrición aguda.
Estimations mondiales de l’insécurité alimentaire aiguë en 2017
• Environ 124 millions de personnes vivant dans 51 pays sont en situation d’insécurité alimentaire de Crise ou pire (Phase 3 ou pire de l’IPC ou du CH ou équivalent) et requièrent une action humanitaire urgente afin de sauver des vies, protéger les moyens d’existence et réduire les déficits de consommation alimentaire et la malnutrition aiguë.
Acute food insecurity global estimates in 2017
• Around 124 million people in 51 countries face Crisis food insecurity or worse (equivalent of IPC/CH Phase 3 or above). They require urgent humanitarian action to save lives, protect livelihoods, and reduce hunger and malnutrition.