- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: Floods and landslides - Emergency Plan of Action Operation Update n° MDRLK006
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 20th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 21st October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 19th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Sri Lanka: Community Contributions Redevelop the North and East
From the editors
In her Foreword to this issue of FMR, the Special Rapporteur on the human rights of internally displaced persons, Cecilia Jimenez-Damary, poses the question: Where do we go from here?
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Thee year 2008 witnessed a worsening situation in several ongoing emergencies. Renewed fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo left many casualties and forced many to fee their homes. Insecurity in Somalia, Afghanistan, Chad, Kenya and Pakistan caused increased hardship for millions of vulnerable people.
This document outlines the global operational priorities identified by the ICRC in 2006. It is based on the yearly internal review and planning process conducted primarily by the 80 field delegations and missions.