- Sri Lanka: Floods - Dec 2018
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
Most read reports
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 17th January 2019 at 1800hrs
- WFP Sri Lanka Country Brief, December 2018
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 16th January 2019 at 1800hrs
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society continues to provide support to the people affected by recent floods
- Sri Lanka: Floods Emergency Plan of Action Operation Final Report (MDRLK008)
Human Rights Council
Agenda item 2
Annual Report of the United Nations High Commissioner
for Human Rights and reports of the Office of the High
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
38th & 39th Meetings (AM & PM)
High Commissioner for Refugees Says Trends Causing Crises to Multiply; Means Humanitarian Action Operating in Difficult International Environment
Five "mega-trends" -- population growth, urbanization, climate change, migration and food, water and energy insecurity –- made contemporary forms of displacement increasingly complex, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees told the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) today.
38e & 39e séances – matin et après-midi
Le Haut-Commissaire des Nations Unies pour les réfugiés, M. Antonio Guterres, a déclaré aujourd'hui devant la Troisième Commission qu'il importait de protéger davantage le personnel humanitaire et de lever les restrictions à l'accès de l'assistance humanitaire aux réfugiés et aux déplacés, de même que dans les situations d'urgence.
Tanzania Tackling Malaria, Maternal Health
By Laura Ashbaugh
Although Tanzania boasts political stability and one of the fastest growing economies in sub-Saharan Africa, it still faces alarming maternal mortality, rapid population growth, and widespread poverty.
USAID is assisting Tanzania in responding to these issues by helping to reduce malaria and HIV/AIDS, prevent maternal deaths, expand agribusiness, and protect the environment, said Tanzania Director Rob Cunnane on a recent trip to Washington.
A major part of the USAID budget in the African nation of 40 …
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
8th & 9th Meetings (AM & PM)
Deputy Secretary-General Says Issue Is Central to Vision of Secure World
The Sixth Committee (Legal) met today to address the issue of the development of the rule of law at national and international levels. Although there were reports of progress in many areas, concerns of an inequality in adherence to desired standards were also expressed.
Item 84 of the provisional agenda
BUREAU OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Office of the Spokesman
Main results of the Council
As the fighting drew to an end in Sri Lanka, the Council reiterated its call on the Government urgently to proceed towards a comprehensive political process.
International efforts have failed to reduce the scale of internal displacement caused by conflict.
Points 44 et 107 de l'ordre du jour
Application et suivi intégrés et coordonnés
issus des grandes conférences et réunions au sommet
organisées par les Nations Unies dans les domaines
Agenda items 44 and 107
Integrated and coordinated implementation
of and follow-up to
the outcomes of the major United Nations conferences and