- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Building Sri Lanka’s Resilience To Climate Change
- Rs. 9000 million to provide dry ration to drought affected people – President
- IOM Trains Sri Lankan Aircrew to Identify, Report Human Trafficking
- Dengue fever fears grow as rains cause flooding and landslides in Sri Lanka
- Army Distributes Own Drinking Water to the Drought-Affected in Kopay
Global Overview JUNE 2018
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
GENEVA, Jan 19 2018 (IOM) - IOM, the UN Migration Agency, is appealing for nearly USD 1.4 billion to address the needs of over 80 million people in 50 countries in 2018. These vital funds will support people displaced within the borders of their own countries, migrants, refugees and the communities that host them, people returning to their areas of origin and people experiencing or recovering from conflict and natural disasters.
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
In a wide-ranging opening speech to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein sheds a light on "preventable calamities" and worrying trends in human rights around the world, including detailed concerns about the situation in more than 50 countries
Distinguished President of the Council,
Colleagues and friends
This Quarterly Update covers the activities of the Geneva-based Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) between 1 October and 31 December 2014. It is also available to be read online or downloaded at www.internal-displacement.org.
IDMC, established by the Norwegian Refugee Council, is the leading non-governmental body monitoring internal displacement worldwide.
As Prime Minister Kevin Rudd heads off to major international meetings with climate change high on the agenda this week, a new report reveals that seasons which were once distinct are shifting, destroying harvests and causing widespread hunger.
This is just one of the multiple impacts of climate change taking their toll on the world's poorest people, according to the Oxfam report 'Suffering the Science - Climate Change, People and Poverty'.
The report's release comes ahead of the G8 …