- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Natural disasters over the first semester of 2017
During the first semester of 2017, EM-DAT preliminary data shows that 149 disasters occurred in 73 countries. The impact of which resulted in 3,162 deaths, affected more than 80 million people and caused more than US$32.4 billion (A).
The major disasters were floods and landslides occurring in Asia, South America and Africa (B).
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.